value of a mod.94 winchester from 1919-1920?

freddygotarf

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
A friend asked me to find some kind of scope mount for his rifle so I asked him to bring it over.Turned out to be a winchester 94 in 30wcf.Barrel is half
octagon and round in great shape possibly changed at some time as there is no winchester markings on it.overall gun is in a really decent shape except buttstock steelpad that is rusty.serial number put this gun between 1919/1920.
What is the value of a gun like this? Any input is valuable as I'm not to familiar with the older winney guns.thanks
 
If there's no Winchester barrel address, then the barrel has been changed, which pretty much removes its collector value. On the other hand it still has value as a shooter. I'd say roughly $300 plus or minus $50 depending upon condition.

The barrel may be original but has been turned down to a half octagon. This might remove the barrel address. What does the transition between the round and octagon look like? Is it concave or convex?
 
Well, that is as it should be. The other option is that it is the original barrel, but has been heavily buffed at some point, wiping out the barrel address.
 
I'm going to suggest to my friend to leave this gun the way it is.
Its in a great shape except for the buttplate.It would be a shame to start hacking away at it just to have a scope installed.Thanks for the input.
 
Back
Top Bottom