Value of a Remington Underhammer Shotgun??

james01

CGN Regular
Rating - 99.5%
202   1   0
Location
Central Bantario
I have searched the net high and low, to no avail.

Going to look at a Remington 1906 underhammer shotgun. Owner says it is a wallhanger.

I can't find pictures, values, nothing.

Anyone here have some insights?? Values??

Thanks in advance,:)

James
 
Going to look at a Remington 1906 underhammer shotgun. Owner says it is a wallhanger.

I can't find pictures, values, nothing.


Flayderman lists a solid frame percussion shotgun made by Remington in the 1860s to early 1870s. My best guess is that the gun is actually one of those or alternately is a barrel made by Remington and used to make an underhammer shotgun 1840 - 1870 time period. Remington did make barrels only which it sold to gunmakers. Either way in average condition I would think $200 - $400 range. I have owned one or two muzzle loading rifles made with Remington barrels and the Remington name was stamped on the bottom of the barrel.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom