Value of antique Remington Rolling Block-lots of pics

pete_viking

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some advice on what an antique Remington Rolling Block is worth. My mom has a trunk full of antique rifles my dad collected before he passed away, and I am trying to help her determine their value. When I get a sunny day here I'll try and get some clearer pics, on a darker background thats not overexposing the light meter. But just wanted to get a ball park figure on what this might sell for. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P1040546.jpg


P1040571.jpg


P1040559.jpg


P1040573.jpg


P1040577.jpg


P1040580.jpg


P1040583.jpg


P1040589.jpg


P1040591.jpg


P1040595.jpg


P1040545.jpg
 
Looks like a New York Malitia in 50-70? Trigger will be around 10-13 lbs LOL. Actions alone were going for around $500 with lots of guns on tables starting out at $800 for just garbage. Hard to say what it is worth but the block and hammer assembly seem to be different color than the rest of action. Maybe these have been replaced?
 
Out here a rolling block runs around $500 - $600 although you certainly see them offered for more. Caliber is important as well as condition with the easily shot ones selling more readily and for more money.

What are the other rifles in the collection?

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom