Veldwachterrevolvers---Values?

Klunk

R.I.P
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Location
Niagara region
ancion%20marx%20et%20marechal%20trio.JPG


What is a fair value for one of these in slightly worse condition than pictured?
 
A lot of these were Belgian made. Does it have Belgian proofs? Consider that Webley RIC's with antique status go for about $1300-$1600 in that condition. If it's slightly worse condition wise, but good mechanically with a good bore, I'd guess about $400-500 less than that. If it doesn't have antique status (and most of the RIC copies with the side lever safety's don't qualify) then knock off another $300-400. These are all just very random guess's, since without the actual gun in front of me I couldn't give an accurate assessment. Good luck.
 
I collect Dutch service revolvers and the problem with any I have seen like the ones in your picture is that so far it has been impossible to prove that they were made before 1898, therefore they don't qualify for antique status. To make matters worse, the barrel is usually too short and they end up being classified as prohibited which decimates any value they might have had.
 
Back
Top Bottom