"Vintage Ammo"

CMichaud

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
72   0   1
Not sure if this is the place to post but I have inherited some older 12, 20, 16, and 410 gauge shotgun shells. Don't really do much shotgun shooting. Most of it is loose without boxes.

Any value to this stuff?

I will try an get some pics up but thought I would see if there is a place for discussions on ammo per se.

Thanks
 
I'm no expert, from what I seen only non-standard or old rare brass cartridges are worth anything big to collectors. If those shotshells are new enough to sport plastic hull, I doubt they're anything to write home about, seeing how they're all in standard sizes. Unless they happen to be the first hundred patch of plastic hulls ever produced?
 
In perfect condition and in full boxes in really good condition some of these might be worth a couple of bucks each but from what I see in the photo they are just shooters.
 
I gotta say, there's something cool about old shotshells in paper.


The site I linked you suggests not fire old shotshells though. Might have to do with the smokeless propellant available back in the day, probably unstable after all these years.
 
Those are very cool. I would be tempted to keep them, but that is just how I do things; I am a big fan of antiques and oddities that you just don't see very often.
Thank you for sharing!
 
Back
Top Bottom