Wallhangers

After the War they needed Shotguns☺

Besss-Etc-2016%20016.jpg
Besss-Etc-2016%20017.jpg
 
This is a great idea for a thread, I will try to add to it by taking some pictures of my 1899 model 94 WCF 30 that was used to beat a bear to death and broke the rifle.
By the way, does anyone know why so many rifles were treated that way (so I hear) was it because of ammunition being expensive or does it have something to do with ''one shot - one Kill'' ?

It was just the way it was. Hand to mouth. If you ever have the chance to look at some old ammo boxes you will sometimes find marked boxes with the price per bullet. Retail sales in rural areas commonly sold single rounds, mainly because people only bought what they needed and could afford. Lots of hunter did and still do hunt with only a couple of rounds. And if for some reason a animal was injured and were out of ammo or a inoperable firearm ( for what ever reason) well it became a club. Did what you had to do to fill the pot. I have heard this turn of events told by many old timers ( my father is one of them ).:canadaFlag:
 
fks7f7.jpg


A nice old cut down Belgium SxS 12g I bought off the EE. I gave it to the old man for Christmas with a rack I made out of red oak. Now she sits on the fireplace at the farm, and couldn't have a better home.
 
Thanks for the updates - some nice examples... I need to update this myself.

to BCRider: Lol "yes" not much left of her but there is indeed something there. Had my choice of using it for a fence post, a tomato stake, or admiring it for what she is. My wife wouldn't tolerate it in the house but a man's shop is his castle so... there she hangs, proudly.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom