WANTED: Antique Gunsmith in United States

j.c.higgins

New member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Location
Winnipeg
I am looking for a good antique gunsmith in the United States to work on pre-1898 firearms. Location not important, but quality, price and turn-around times are. It would be a big bonus if they were not unreasonably afraid of dealing with Canadian customers! I am not FFL or C&R eligible but I do have a U.S. shipping address. If you know about anyone who is good, please PM me and let me know.
Thanks.
J.
 
Last edited:
For a quality gunsmith that will touch an antique turn around times can be more than a year. Also so few work on antiques that those who do set their own prices, most times price shopping isn't an option.

You'll find that over time you'll develop a list of gunsmiths that you will approach depending on what firearm needs work. What firearm would you be looking at needing gunsmithing? Knowing that would help in pointing you in the right direction.
 
If you are getting into antique guns my advice would be to learn how to do it yourself.
 
Back
Top Bottom