Webley "Man Stopper" Bullet

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
MP Molds has a group buy going for a facsimile of the Webley "Man Stopper" bullet here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...se-Manstopper-Group-Buy&p=4082419#post4082419

It's not the true man stopper with a hollow point and a hollow base, because that's not possible in a cast bullet (they can make the mold, but where do you pour in the lead??

This a 220gr HB flat nose bullet. Sign up there if you're interested and get it while you can, probably this will be a one-off thing. Need 25 molds spoken for to get it into production.
 
Sounds good, but how can I do that without creating onemore account on one more forum? :D Seriously. Can I buy one 4cav 455 from you Mr. Jethunter?
 
From;

http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/topic/19505/Webley-455-MkIII-Manstopper-Cartridges

Dowell indicates this bullet in the Mark III cartridge was 218.5 grains in weight with identical cavities in the front and rear and that it was driven by 7 grains Cordite, the same weight as was used in the Marks IV and V. He ascribes 630 fps velocity to the blunt nosed but hollow base 220 grain Mark IV bullet., 30' out. The Mark VI, in distinction,used 7.5 grains Cordite for a nominal 620 fps, so the Mark III-Mark V cartridges would have even less energy than the Mark VI (or Mark II). One can't expect much expansion at these velocities. The mildest 250 grain bullet load for a .455 shown in Lyman's 43rd manual is 2.5 grains Bullseye for 600 fps, but even that carries considerably more energy than the Mark III-V loads did. If you want to invert your hollow base bullets, be mindful that your new flat-base bullet seating depth will become more critical than it would with a hollow base bullet and, since you may not be able to crimp in the existing grooves, you will end up with your grease grooves exposed to the world.
 
Sounds good, but how can I do that without creating onemore account on one more forum? :D Seriously. Can I buy one 4cav 455 from you Mr. Jethunter?

Sorry, no. I bought 4 extra 41LC molds on a group buy for people who wanted them and then none of those people answered me when I got them in a year later.

Why not 265 gr hollow base? Otherwise whats the point?its the top pic in there diagram that'll hit what you shoot at when dead soft lead
They made a 265gr HB mold previously and have offered it in re-runs several times since. This is a different mold for a different bullet.
 
Is that the bullet they used to call the flying ashtray ? Different caliber but i used to load 148gr HBWC's upside down in a model 100 .38 Special and they expanded to .70 caliber at 100 yards in a 45 steel drum penetrating one side and leaving a nice welt on the other.You could see them in flight like a grey streak.
 
Sorry, no. I bought 4 extra 41LC molds on a group buy for people who wanted them and then none of those people answered me when I got them in a year later.


They made a 265gr HB mold previously and have offered it in re-runs several times since. This is a different mold for a different bullet.
I hear ya, with the ordering extra, got stung on extra ammo deal and have a couple extra short 12ga. Shotguns too! If they pay in advance!! No problem, otherwise NO!
 
Back
Top Bottom