I recently purchased a Webley MarkIII revolver. I have been looking in every nook and cranny for manufacturing dates. Of course, I'm toying with getting the revolver reclassified to "antique" status.
This pistol is in about 85% outside condition and 98% inside condition. It would be a crime to dewat it or alter it by attaching a longer barrel.
I have been trying to contact a former member of this board GrantR.
I had an email address for him from his website "Rattlesnake Jack's." The email address given there is no longer valid although the site is still up. No contact number that I can find.
The name of the website owner is Grant Rombough of Medicine Hat. There is a law office in MH that has him listed as the owner. I don't want to bother the fellow if it isn't the same person.
The CFC says they don't have the manufacturing dates for the pistol, so they go by the date of first sale. That was in early 1899. It is an Army&Navy Comemerative Society Ltd. sale.
That leads me to assume the revolver was built pre 1899 and maybe as early as 1897. It is a commercial model as there are no martial stamps on it at all. It is also nickel plated.
I would appreciate any help finding the manufacture dates I can. I tried a couple of pay for search archive sites in the UK. The one fellow feels that there are people out there with viable records but anything before 1905 is very difficult to find.
This pistol is in about 85% outside condition and 98% inside condition. It would be a crime to dewat it or alter it by attaching a longer barrel.
I have been trying to contact a former member of this board GrantR.
I had an email address for him from his website "Rattlesnake Jack's." The email address given there is no longer valid although the site is still up. No contact number that I can find.
The name of the website owner is Grant Rombough of Medicine Hat. There is a law office in MH that has him listed as the owner. I don't want to bother the fellow if it isn't the same person.
The CFC says they don't have the manufacturing dates for the pistol, so they go by the date of first sale. That was in early 1899. It is an Army&Navy Comemerative Society Ltd. sale.
That leads me to assume the revolver was built pre 1899 and maybe as early as 1897. It is a commercial model as there are no martial stamps on it at all. It is also nickel plated.
I would appreciate any help finding the manufacture dates I can. I tried a couple of pay for search archive sites in the UK. The one fellow feels that there are people out there with viable records but anything before 1905 is very difficult to find.


















































