Webley mk 6 barrel and cylinder on mk1 frame

Interested in this as well and especially if there is a smith who could do this for a reasonable cost. I have an antique MK III and would love to fit a later barrel and cylinder. I like the .455 / .476 family of cartridges but would prefer the solid lock up and longer barrel of the later models.
 
Interested in this as well and especially if there is a smith who could do this for a reasonable cost. I have an antique MK III and would love to fit a later barrel and cylinder. I like the .455 / .476 family of cartridges but would prefer the solid lock up and longer barrel of the later models.

Mk 3 shouldn't require any modification if I recall correctly, except maybe cylinder timing. That's when they started making all the major frame changes.
 
I have fitted a mk6 barrel and cylinder to a mk2 by just making a small dimple in the recoil plate to allow the longer nose of the star/ejector to fit. It will function without adding the hole for the ejector screw to the frame but I do plan on doing this as well.
 
Mk I ** are all factory reconditioned by the to meet smokless standards which include work to the frame to allow for the larger MK V cylinder and sometimes included new barrels fitted. This helped meet the need for sidearms in WWI. I believe it was the British Navy that used the MKI **s.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom