Webley Mk III

Mongo62

Regular
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey guys I have a prob. I have a webley mark III that someone has nipped off the fireing pin in the past looking for a hammer but not havein much luck. anyone have any ideas?
 
It actually is. You need to look up how to install a new firing pin in a fixed pin revolver hammer. I’d drill that out and turn a new pin, insert it and silver solder or braze it. It’s been done before. And a lot easier and cheaper then sourcing a hammer.
 
I used to get hammers from gunbroker many years ago, not sure what is available now. If it helps the MK VI and lower hammers are compatible with MKIII, except MK I they are different, MK II version should work but their spur is cosmetically different.
 
It actually is. You need to look up how to install a new firing pin in a fixed pin revolver hammer. I’d drill that out and turn a new pin, insert it and silver solder or braze it. It’s been done before. And a lot easier and cheaper then sourcing a hammer.

got any web addys that show specs and what length it should be ?
 
No I’ve always made all mine by trail and error. Best to make it a bit to long, and use a dummy shell, and file it down till it strikes right.
 
Back
Top Bottom