Webley MP revolver - cylinder can be rotated when hammer is at down

detonator

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a Webley Metropolitan Police revolver in .450 Boxer that the cylinder is able to spin or rotate when the hammer is in the "at rest" position, but it locks up as it's supposed to once you #### it. Is this normal? I've never seen a cylinder on a revolver do this before, but I am no expert by any means when it comes to such things.

If the cylinder is not supposed to do this, I'd like to get it repaired, and if it does need to be repaired, I'm looking for a reputable antique firearm gunsmith who could fix this for me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My revolver looks just like this one:

images
 
Should lock up tight when the trigger is pulled when the trigger is released it will slop back and forth or at least mine do I will go and see if the rotate both ways. Just checked the couple I have and yes its normal as long as it locks up when the trigger is pulled the fireing pin would stop the cylinder from rotating as it holdes on the spent cartridge.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom