Western Super-X Silver Tip

Nathan231

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I picked up a box of these (.308 180gr although 2 appear to be <180gr). They were $8 dollars for 20 so I just bought them for cheap shooting really but I was wondering if they were of any good hunting value? They are probably only worth the $8 collecting wise ( box is is ok condition ). Any input?
 
Silvertips perform very well as deer hunting rounds.
I've used that 150 grain version in a 308, for almost 11 years in Saskatchewan on probably around two dozen bang-flops on whitetails.
Also the same weight in a 30-30 carbine for a nice harvest in 2005.
No complaints here.
 
I've used Winchester .270 Silvertips for years and they are a good deer cartridge. $8.00 is a good buy but Winchesaterr still makes the Super-X Silvertip. Wholesale Sports in Edmonton has the 180gr. listed on their website for $29.99.
 
A buddy of mine that lives in Edmonton uses them for hunting Mule deer. He's had no complaints as he regularly fills his freezer with venison, every year he goes out.
 
You can buy .308 180gr Silvertips for about $20 around these parts at Canadian Tire. They are still in production.

So thats their value. I'd shoot em and keep the box if its interests you, but no one is going to give you an exorbitant amount of money for them.

Now to one up you, I bought two boxes of Western Silvertips in .308 200gr for $10 each last summer. They are my black bear hunting round.
 
Back
Top Bottom