What Bullet do you shoot most?

What Bullet do you shoot on you Muzzle Loaders?

  • Classic Lead Balls

    Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Lead Cones / Bullets

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Modern Sabot Slugs

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Ha Everything...I shoot a Smooth bore Musket!!

    Votes: 2 6.7%

  • Total voters
    30
My inline: Sabotted...300 gr XTP's, 300 gr SST, PRBullet Extreme Elites, LeHigh 250 gr DOA's.

My Sidelock: 360gr Cast Lee improved Mini's.
 
Lets see...I shoot,

(Inline): Sabot- PRbullet-Dead Center 200gr

(Side-lock): Conicals- maxi hunter or Buffalo Ball-et

(Flintlock): PRB
 
Patched round ball is the only way to go with a muzzleloader...unless it is a 58 of 577 musket, then the Minie ball is better.
OK...I better come clean here though...for about three years I shot a Euroarms two Enfield rifle...not the short musketoon or the three band musket. I used a patched round ball in this gun and the thing was incredibly accurate.
Cheers
 
The magic of military flintlock muskets

I have the martini and 2 sniders ...... I still shoot my bess and charleville far far more.

I just LOVE those big flintlocks.....no cases and primers to fumble with...and because no one else has abused/neglected them in their history "unlike my 100+ y/o arms" they are very easy to clean.


I have burned 1.5 lbs of goex since may live firing.....and much/much more in the past 3 reenactments so far this summer!

Lead round balls,powder and black english flints are all you need!!
 
Back
Top Bottom