What is a Webley MkI*** ?

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
There's a reference to a Webley MkI*** service revolver on the EE. I've seen Mk1* (improved blast plate) and MKI** (barrel and cylinder upgrade to MKIV), but I'm not familiar with a MKI***. Is there such a thing? and if so, what is it?
 
Last edited:
The ad in the EE is mine and it is very possible I might be talking out of my butt. When discussing webleys with a guy who knows alot more about them than I do, he described a MkI upgraded with a removable blast plate as a mkI ***. Either of the two variants described by Jethunter would meet the requirements for what I am looking for in trade for my .450 Webley MP.

Cheers,

Brobee
 
The ad in the EE is mine and it is very possible I might be talking out of my butt. When discussing webleys with a guy who knows alot more about them than I do, he described a MkI upgraded with a removable blast plate as a mkI ***. Either of the two variants described by Jethunter would meet the requirements for what I am looking for in trade for my .450 Webley MP.

Cheers,

Brobee

No problem, i thought there was a variation i hadn't heard of before, wouldn't be surprised given the amount of variations within any given model of webley.
 
Theres MKI theres MKI* theres MKI** theres a Few MKI*** which are MKIs with the Recoil sheild replaced that gives them the frist MKI* then if they got the MKV cylinder and barrel upgrade in 1914 they were double Stared **

So Some MKI and MKIIs guns really do have ***
I just bought a Sweet MKI * its got MFP on its back strap has the removeable recoil sheild and is in orignal 455.
the MFP is for Military foot Police something like that so its got boer war history and is in minty condition.
Cost me alot more than a regular MKI but its a rare gun with neat history.
 
Back
Top Bottom