What mould created this?

Weapontech

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Well, I've finally found the absolute perfect combination of bullet/powder for my Parker Hale musketoon - and no, funny enough it's not a roundball load! :rolleyes:
With 75gns of FFg, and this bullet, I was able to hit 10's all afternoon. A bunch of them were given to me to try some time ago, now I'm left trying to figure out what they came from.
I thought I had the mould, but after searching, I guess I don't. It looks to be a modified mini, 3 groove and weighs in at 454.8 gns (450). - (.577 dia); Good solid skirt, that seems to really work in my rifle.

Any ideas what Lyman, Lee or whatever mould this may have come from? Many thanks for any help!

IMG_2259.jpg


IMG_2261.jpg


IMG_2263.jpg
 
Most of the current Lyman molds for muskets have much thinner skirts but otherwise are very similar, at least the ones I have are.
 
I've got a European finger burner mold that make similar projectiles. I'll see if I can find it and get you a name off it.

Found the mold and a couple of bullets. They are 0.577" dia and weigh 475 grn. The mold is made by Euroarms in Italy, it has no numbers or other identification marks on it. It's brass with little short handles and is the nastiest little thing I've ever cast with. It came in a box with a bunch of other stuff, gotta love auctions.

If you need pm me and I can send you some pics.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom