What The Heck, One Sweet Shooter For It's Age....

dak47

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Selecting stuff for the range, and on a whim I grabbed this 30's?? .22, was given to me as a kid but of course in the quest for semi autos, as a kid it wasn't all that intresting. I did take quite a few grouse with it at 11/12yrs old, but then it was quietly retired for my Gevarm.
Forgotten what a joy this thing is to shoot, some of the nicest irons to shoot with and weighs nothing, always got a kick of the artillery style action and even more now that I'm old and appreciate things for what they are a little more....

DKView attachment 14999View attachment 15000View attachment 15001View attachment 15002View attachment 15003
 
They were always about the 'Coulee back home' as a youth. Neat lil guns but I've always found them as a little to...'bereft of safety features' for beginners.
The one we had was practically new but it only wanted Long rifle ( was marked 22 LR, not S, L & LR ), I can recall a 'short' bullet getting stuck mid barrel. That and they had two positions 'Cocked' and 'Fired'. IIRC correctly there was a notch as safety, but I was leary of it.
But an awesomely handy little gun, just not a kid friendly gun. Don't want to be 'that guy' that shows up with a post that p*sses all over everything and leaves.
In my advancing years, I'd contemplate getting one now. I appreciate the little things more now.
Very much a 'turn of the century' piece IMO.
Very cool
 
Back
Top Bottom