whats a NEW Antique Colt SAA in 41 Colt worth?

starpuss

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.6%
146   2   0
i know of a NEW colt saa , in 41 colt witch is antique what do you think it is worth. This gun is 100% new never shot and looks like a new gun. Not a mark on it. Comes with colt letter and box.

- made in 1890’s
- looks like a 7 1/2" barrel , also gun is blued
- he is asking $4500 do you think it is worth it?
 
A mint first generation Colt SAA still in the box? I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if $4,500 is dirt cheap, provided the gun isn't actually restored or messed with. I'll take a wild guess and say it is worth $20,000. Of course, I know diddly about mint First Generation Colt SAA prices. Those of you that do can have a good laugh at my guess. That's alright ....
 
A mint first generation Colt SAA still in the box? I don't know but it wouldn't surprise me if $4,500 is dirt cheap, provided the gun isn't actually restored or messed with. I'll take a wild guess and say it is worth $20,000. Of course, I know diddly about Colt prices. Those of you that do can have a good laugh at my guess. That's alright ....


i did a little searching and it looks to be worth 12,000 +- also i dont think the box is the right one that came with the gun.

he also has some NEW colt 1892's that i am trying to get off him.
 
WELL over $4500 IMO. I have seen 'nice' ones in 41 Colt for over $6000 at Antique Gun List.
 
Meanea can correct me if I'm wrong, but to be specific on the color case hardening and blueing that Meanea mentioned above, the frame, loading gate and hammer should be color case hardened, and the barrel, cylinder, trigger guard and grip frame and ejector tube assembly should all be blued (charcoal blued, if I recall, which is a greyer blue than modern hot blue). The photo below shows a First gen Colt SAA that has the proper parts color case hardened.

Colt-800-pix.jpg
 
the box he tells me is from one made in the 1920's , ill try to get some pic's from him.

he has over 100 antique gun and he sold me well over 20 of them. all witch where in VG SHAPE. and i am trying to make him a deal on all of them. maybe ill fly down there and take a look at them.

and yes the gun is blued and Cc . i did not think they made one that was all blue.
 
Well, the price he's asking seems to be awfully low, but on the other hand, you have purchased 20 from him already. If he's not particular about getting top dollar (and I know that some older folk don't see that as a priority even if they know they could get more), and he's also happy with the dealings he's had with you, then it is reasonable that he's giving you a deal that he may not give to others. It may be worth the flight down there to see what all he has first hand.

OKcorrel1881, yes that Colt is mine, but it has been completely restored both mechanically and externally and is chambered in 45 Schofield so the collector's value is greatly reduced, but it is an antique. It was originally a US artillery gun, so has mixed serial numbers, some of which go back to 1874 and the most recent to around 1890. I have it to enjoy shooting.
 
Back
Top Bottom