whats everyone opinions on american bulldog .32's?

Tyockell18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Location
Not really sure.
I'm interested in buying an American Bulldog .32 rim fire.

Are there any little quirks with these guns that you guys know about?.

Problems with cylinders becomming loose?, are they generally safe to fire with these old BP ammo if they are in decent shape?.

I only have experience with modern smokeless firearms, but antiques just keep catching my eye more and more.

I like small revolvers anyway, they have always facinated me, it would likely make more of a keep sake only to be fired very occasionally for fun.
 
Does it look like this one? There is a few Bulldogs,LOL.
Grand-dad has one that he claims was a detectives gun( I think this is the one... he's got a lot of old gun's. The photo ablum is way big ). It's in scary poor condition; still registered but wow... given a life & death decision to shoot it, I think I'd throw it and run.
Bulldog.jpg

But I suppose the original owner must bear the lion's share of the blame on that one.
Personally I think that it's good for parts, but others may have better opinions than I.
On the same topic if someone needed parts perhaps PM me, but I'd be at a loss as to it's value.
Gramps would disagree more than likely; probably on my opinion and cost estimates both, but who knows?
 
Last edited:
The one i have in the EE is Tight and mechanically Ex.
Theres a little spring loaded pin that dontr come out in the H&R Bull dogs at the front of the cylinder in the frame touching the cylinder axis shaft which keeps tension on the Cylinder shaft.
If that pin comes out of the frame then the cylinder can move around more and feel loose.
The spring loaded pin in mine is good and tight.
so the gun is very good lock up.

you should ask about and or check that that Tension pin is in place on any H&R 32 RF American bulldog your buying.
 
Ok thanks for the info guys, I'm working on getting one as we speak. she looks in pretty decent shape, comes with some ammo too.

Can't wait to clean/oil her up and test fire it.

I can see this getting very addictive,...... looks like I will be buying more revolvers lol.


I'm going to start saving for a decent 1892 colt, I want one that is a good casual shooter. Its going to take me awhile though.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom