what's happening with Igman ammo?

rmckeon

Member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Location
GTA
does anyone know what the deal is with Igman ammo? I can't seem to find any (especially from my fave dealer) and I'm wondering if they're persona-non-gratta, or...?

cheers guys
 
All sorts of weird rumors about containers of this and that being held for "review", but nothing that anyone seems to be able to confirm right now ... I'm also waiting fo the next conainer of Igman to come in, mainly because the stuff is reloadable, and milsurp generally isn't.
 
I've been waiting for districorp to get in Igman 7.62X39 and .30-06(150grn) for a year & 1/2 now...

...nothing yet.

Scratch that, I just checked their website and it says due to regulation changes - no more Igman.
 
I just talked with someone at NRCAN explosives regulatory division. Igman is no longer approved for import. They haven't been responding to NRCAN's requests for info.
 
Sounds like another reason that NRCAN should be reorganized from the inspectors all the way to the top guy coming up with these B.$. judment calls. Good thing I stalked up on the 7.62 x 39mm soft point's. With over a couple of thousand rounds I will be hunting with it for a long time. If anyone is local and wants some I could part with a few hundread but I don't know if it would be worth shipping.
 
NRCAN is tightening up the approval process to address more non-issues. Basically they are prevent surplus ammo and making it harder to import ammo. Likely Igman can't be bothered as they are so busy these days.
NRCAN is another agency that is left to do what it want in eroding the shooting sports. No one is protesting or doing anything about it.
 
Well now that we know about it how about directing us to the people we should be #####ing at? Specifically that is.
Your MP, and the Minister of Natural Resources. The NRCAN-ERD is left to run itself and is considered a black-art by the politicians, so they have very little, if any, knowledge of what goes on. The only thing preventing bigger problems is the very small budget allotted to them.
 
I just filled out about 80% of the form to get them approved again and sent it off to igman to get them to complete it. But like CanAm says they are probably too busy to be bothered. We'll see.
 
I just filled out about 80% of the form to get them approved again and sent it off to igman to get them to complete it. But like CanAm says they are probably too busy to be bothered. We'll see.

I truely doubt that the form you have will do anything to get approval for import. NRCAN is asking all companies for proprietary information on ammunition production. This includes engineering drawings, chemical composition of powder and primer, etc, etc. Many companies are unwilling and occasionally incapable of doing this. If Igman has not responded to requests by NRCAN, it is very possible that they are refusing to provide info.
 
I truely doubt that the form you have will do anything to get approval for import. NRCAN is asking all companies for proprietary information on ammunition production. This includes engineering drawings, chemical composition of powder and primer, etc, etc. Many companies are unwilling and occasionally incapable of doing this. If Igman has not responded to requests by NRCAN, it is very possible that they are refusing to provide info.

I agree 100%, but I figured it was worth a shot.
 
Back
Top Bottom