You know, it's the strangest thing. Whenever I'm looking for a used rifle, if I'm patient, one always shows up at a sponsoring dealer, the local gun store, or on the Equipment Exchange. Virtually without fail for current production rifles, less so for vintage collectibles.
Now the odd thing is that I NEVER see used Uberti 1873 rifles for sale anywhere in Canada. They are EVERYWHERE stateside, but not up here. And among the "new" ones, they all seem to be 20" short rifles or carbines.
Are they that good that ppl hang onto them, or is it that the resale value is low enough that they aren't worth selling? New ones can be had in the $1100-2400 range depending on model and features.
Just curious (?)
I just bought a used (looks to be really old but like new) Navy Arms (Uberti) 1866 in 44-40 off the EE as a stop-gap, but it's not the gun I wanted and not the calibre I wanted (1873 24" in 45LC), but it's the only one I could find and will do for now.
Now the odd thing is that I NEVER see used Uberti 1873 rifles for sale anywhere in Canada. They are EVERYWHERE stateside, but not up here. And among the "new" ones, they all seem to be 20" short rifles or carbines.
Are they that good that ppl hang onto them, or is it that the resale value is low enough that they aren't worth selling? New ones can be had in the $1100-2400 range depending on model and features.
Just curious (?)
I just bought a used (looks to be really old but like new) Navy Arms (Uberti) 1866 in 44-40 off the EE as a stop-gap, but it's not the gun I wanted and not the calibre I wanted (1873 24" in 45LC), but it's the only one I could find and will do for now.
Last edited:


















































