Where did this 7.62 Tok ammo come from?

john@

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
89   0   1
Location
Ottawa
Curious to know if this came from the last big shipment of Czech stuff? which I thought it was steel cased, this is obviously brass.

tok1.jpg


tok2.jpg
 
About Ammunition Headstamp Code: bxn

Internal ID Code: 203
Ammunition Country of Origin

* Czechoslovakia

About the Ammunition Manufacturer

* Sellier & Bellot, Prague, Czechoslovakia, Factory in Zbrojovka Vlàsim,

References

* Curtis, Lewis E., III, 9mm Parabellum Headstamp and Case Type Guide, GIG Concepts Inc., San Antonio, Texas, 1996-2002; and cartridgecollectors.org
 
I'd bet that those rounds are lead core. I've got a crate of that stuff; and I've already burned up a crate. The term someone used was steel jacketed with copper gilding(?).
It's great stuff. The question I have is....is this stuff designed for sub guns only?
I have heard that Canadian Forces have different 9mm rounds for their pistols and subguns. If I heard wrong; please correct me.
But it sure lights up cool; kinda makes the 9mm rounds seem tame.
That's why I wondered about pistol and subgun rounds. This stuff rocks hard core.
Stay Safe
 
I'd bet that those rounds are lead core. I've got a crate of that stuff; and I've already burned up a crate. The term someone used was steel jacketed with copper gilding(?).
It's great stuff. The question I have is....is this stuff designed for sub guns only?
I have heard that Canadian Forces have different 9mm rounds for their pistols and subguns. If I heard wrong; please correct me.
But it sure lights up cool; kinda makes the 9mm rounds seem tame.
That's why I wondered about pistol and subgun rounds. This stuff rocks hard core.
Stay Safe

the cf's 9mm ammo is loaded alittle hot. it was used in the smg's and brownings.
 
I'll ask the wpn tech here but as far as I know there is only one type of 9mm stocked in the CF.

That brass Tok ammo is older than the steel-cased ammunition. I had some of the older stuff and I must say it did not shoot as accurately as the steel-cased bxn 53 that I have. I declined to buy a wooden box of it.
 
yes one type of 9mm for both weapons, i believe it is still loaded a little hot. next time im at a pistol range ill bring a crony and see how fast it is out of a browning. im not sure how to find out what powder, grains of it and such, im not an ammo tech.
 
Back
Top Bottom