Where in Canada can I get Cerrosafe...and a .45 bullet question

czscotia

Regular
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Grand Prairie
Hi all,
I am in the process of reading some books on bpcr reloading and would like to try cerrosafe to get my
chamber and bore sizes. Anyone know of a Canadian source?
Also is there a place that sells cast bullets made in specific sizes for 45-70?
Thanks
 
Hard cast for .45-70 at Bullet Barn; and if you ask them they will sell unlubed so you can lube with a proper BP lube.

For soft cast commercial, there's been a couple posts suggesting there are some Candian guys around but they aren't common. You'll likely have to either cast your own or ask someone to cast 'em for ya. When I don't have time to cast (which is more often than not) I haven't had a problem finding someone kind enough to cast them for me.
 
I have purchased cast lead bullets for my 45-70 from Leprechaun Shooting Supplies in Revelstoke, BC. Phone Larry Caponero at 250 - 837 - 3773. Buying various sizes/styles is a good way to determine what works in your gun then get a mold to make your own.
 
Brownells should send you cerrosafe. I think I have seen it at Track of the Wolf too.

What kind of a rifle are you looking to shoot? Theres always people with loading info or suggestions but mostly we just like to see pictures. :D
 
Brownells should send you cerrosafe. I think I have seen it at Track of the Wolf too.

What kind of a rifle are you looking to shoot? Theres always people with loading info or suggestions but mostly we just like to see pictures. :D

If your gonna insist..
SDC12741.jpg
[/IMG]
SDC12739.jpg
[/IMG]
H&R Buffalo Classic 45-70
SDC12736.jpg
[/IMG]
Chiappa 1886 45-70
 
Got it at Bartons in Grande Prairie. (that store has cost me a lot of money!!)
Thanks CanAm, i'll order tomorrow. I thought I saw it listed as out of stock on your site so I didn't
try to order before.
 
Back
Top Bottom