Where is all the .30 cal at!? (FMJ)

Captain Paul

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I bought my father an M1 carbine for his birthday. It pretty much kicked him back into shooting again, but the problem is he literally emptied every shop in NB. He bought every box he could find around here and cleaned out the local gunsmith.

Any good places to order .30 online? Any sponsors here carry?

Please guys. My father won't leave me alone... he's getting old and scary :eek:

needs his fix! FAST!

EDIT: Preferably FMJ. Anything else tends to jam in this rifle... she's a little picky.
 
Last edited:
All I've ever seen is recently is soft point. I think most of the surplus/fmj stuff is hard to come by.

Buy a few boxes of soft point and a set of dies. Would make a great christmas present............
 
If your rifle, is a commercial knock off, get the feed ramp polished. That should fix the problem. With the voracious appetite of the 30M1 carbine, time to invest in reloading equipment. It will give your old man something to do in the evenings and keep his shooting up and running. Save those cases. Even the WW2 milsurp stuff is reloadable. You might have to trim the crimp though.
 
and the prvi partizan 110gr sp rn ammo was $23/50 at my local store. I bought 3 boxes just for fun.

I suggest you take it apart into all it's little pieces, clean them with solvent and then wipe them all dry and oil it a little where it looks like metal will rub on metal and I bet it starts feeding those softpoints a little better :)
 
You should have bought your Pop an SKS, Paul.:p

Then you could buy ammo cheap and split the cost.:)

Ohh jeez yea. Where could I possibly find a nice SKS in the EE?:rolleyes::p:p:p

I kept that one for myself! Thanks btw. she groups great.:D



and the prvi partizan 110gr sp rn ammo was $23/50 at my local store. I bought 3 boxes just for fun.

I suggest you take it apart into all it's little pieces, clean them with solvent and then wipe them all dry and oil it a little where it looks like metal will rub on metal and I bet it starts feeding those softpoints a little better :)

We broke it into pieces and cleaned everything vigorously. Sadly she still won't eat soft points like a baby on big milking titties.

mmmmm... milking titties....
 
"...bought my father an M1 carbine..." What make? How long is the barrel?
"...makes a certain, distinctive pop..." Makes a very satisfying BARK! with IMR4227 and Speer 110 grain HP's.
"...won't eat soft points..." Something about it ain't right. Likely the mags. Have a 30 rounder that wouldn't feed worth beans. Opened the mag lips a tick(literally a wee bit over the length of the lips) with fine needle nosed pliers. Works just fine now.
 
Well, its just a universal :redface: got it for ass cheap local deal.

Barrel I have no clue. Can't be the mags, we tried 10 different ones. Any soft point they jam every 5 or so shots, and it barely flings them 5 inches out the ejection port. Had a few boxes of crappy AE FMJ's, never jammed once and it would fling those empties nice and far!

And yes... the sound that comes out of that little rifle is perfect!
 
I bought some at William Arms in ont, 50rds of American Eagle, FMJ.
I think it was around 30 bucks, you could call them and check them out.

I got lucky, I bought a plainfield this year and got a bunch of surplus ammo with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom