Where to buy .38sl wadcutters?

It's been quite afew years that i've seen wadcutters in factory boxes. Not that much in demand these days. Back in the 70's, 80's & 90's their were plenty to be had when Bulls Eye Shooting was quite popular. You might need to reload.
 
Last edited:
ya, reload yourself or buy Wolf's reloads from SFRC. personally i avoid WC cuz i find it much faster and easier to chamber the SWC or even RN / RNFP when using my speedloaders in a match.
 
I bought some of the flush-mounted 148 gr. .38 Spl. wadcutters (for a Smith Mdl. 52) from Epps a while back.
 
I've been looking for those too. Bought some at a gun show a year ago, but no dealers seem to carry them.

Federal still lists them on their web site. Wonder if there are any dealers who might try to order them?

The Wolf reloads might be OK, but SFRC is always out of them.
 
if you are ready to buy 5k or more, i think you can buy directly from wolf. or call up SFRC and get put on the list to claim the next delivery. if it wasn't illegal somehow, i could sell you some of my reloads since i've got WC bullets [projectiles] but prefer SWC / RN / RNFP bullets.
 
Lebaron Ottawa had them for about $30 a box. 99% chance they are out of them. I started to reload due to the cost of them. Now it is about 10 cents a round when I use DEWC.
 
"...when Bulls Eye Shooting was quite popular..." Bullseye shooting is alive and well, everywhere.
"...no dealers seem to carry them..." Shooting factory ammo is too expensive. Most bullseye shooter reload.
 
Hbwc

I have bought Hollow Base Wad Cutters by Sellier and Bellot and as reloads from Wolf/SFRC. I use them in a .357 revolver. I'm not a Bulleye shooter but was told that this is the best round type for accuracy.
 
There will be a bunch of 38 TMJ, SWC and Full Wad Cutter on the site in the next few days. That and 40 S&W TMJ HP.
 
Back
Top Bottom