While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Where in Canada would a guy source a tang sight for an 1885 Uberti highwall? And looking for a tang sight for a Maynard model 16 rifle anyone know anyone who would carry these. Or anyone to talk to about it?
You after the tall Soule style sight or the shorter single post style?
Rusty Wood is maintaining a reasonable stock of Williams single adjustable post style parts. The base and staff and peep of choice are all purchased separately. If you go that route keep in mind that the Williams staff has a limited range of travel. So you need to buy the one which goes short enough for closer in shots but still extends high enough for some longer distance. If I were fitting a William's post sight and were not local to Rusty as I am I'd go with the idea of buying the base first. I'd then set it in place with the hinge towards the rear so it's closer to my eye and then measure to the line parallel to the barrel and inline with the front sight and pick the rear staff based on that. If it's in between I'd consider the idea of a taller front sight as well to allow me to use the next up staff. The longer staffs having a greater amount of possible rise.
If you're after the Soule style long range taller option then I'd suggest something other than the Pedersoli. I've got two of the Pedersoli sights and while I won't replace them any time soon if I were going into it knowing what I do now I'd opt for one of the other makers. Things just seem to come loose or otherwise wander a touch too often with the Pedersoli sights.
Montana Vintage Arms is the only game in town. Don't forget to advise them of the rifle type - the mounting angle of the tang is critical to ensure that you don't get one for the Sharps or Rolling Block.