Where to shop for Snider & Martinini Henry?

jethunter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
359   0   0
Location
Central AB
The ee of course, but are there websites or shops in Canada that specialise or regularly handle Snider and Martini Henry rifles?
 
jethunter: There's usually one or more at bigger gunshows. That gives you a chance to check things like bore and swinging block fit, etc. If you plan to shoot one be aware that condition of these is all over the page and it can be tough to know for sure what you're getting in a remote purchase. Deep pitting at the muzzle (inside) is something I've encountered in guns that look excellent otherwise.

milsurpo
 
I find them anywhere I can usually at the smaller gun shops. I just picked one up on Sunday. A smaller BSA in 32-20 with Austrailian markings. Barrel has been relined to 32-20. My forth martini and hopefully not my last. I plan to see how it shoots over the weekend.
 
I took a near excellent Mk II 3 band to a Gun Show last week, with protector and chain, nice patina, DC stamped, .577 cal, and it was gone in 20 minutes. I counted over 20 others at that show.
 
I got a what I think is a Snider MKI* short rifle. Collecting some shooting components and hope to get it to the range by mid january for a try out. I'm quite taken with the Snider - usually that means more of them start to follow me home.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom