Who has shot .32 S&W through their Swiss 1882's?

Tyockell18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
Location
Not really sure.
Hey guys,

I have a box of sellier and bellot .32 s&w long, 100 grain target load wadcutters.

The rims are big enough to work and I have wrapped 6 of them in paper to take up some slack.

I do have original ammunition but I don't want to burn any of it. So looking at a easy plinking option.

So the question is YAY or NAY?

 
Last edited:
Im not touching this one with a 10ft poll. (How do I get the popcorn eating emoticon)

It's a low pressure round with a high grade steel over engineered gun, fiocchi produced loads around 1000 FPS in smokeless when the guns original ammo is 690 fps with black powder, they are tough.

People have fired .32 S&W's through both the swiss 1882's and swedish 1887's without issues down in the states ect.

What I want to know is if anyone on here has and what if any issues "you" have had.
 
I have used light target loads (Norma match) in mine. About one third of the cases bulged enough that there were longitudinal splits in the cases. It shot acceptably well and extraction was easy. Your paper wrap might work to reduce splits.
 
I have used light target loads (Norma match) in mine. About one third of the cases bulged enough that there were longitudinal splits in the cases. It shot acceptably well and extraction was easy. Your paper wrap might work to reduce splits.

Right on, thank you for the reply. I figured the cases were likely splitting a bit but we will see how the paper helps. Thank you.

This gun was bought off you guys as well obviously and she's beautiful so thank you for that also.
 
Last edited:
I've put some Remington "Target" 32 S&W Long through mine and most of the cases bulged. A few also split. So it's toss away brass.
Accuracy and extraction was acceptable, but you will get far better results with hand loading as 710 fps factory S&W Long ammo is anemic.
Drslav helped to inspire me to handload and I've never looked back. These revolvers can easily handle 850 fps and are potentially very accurate.
 
Back
Top Bottom