Who sells Lyman Great Plains Rifle kits?

Mr. Buttons

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Location
Ottawa
Hi folks, does anyone know who currently sells Lyman Great Plains Rifle kits? Wholesale sports used to sell them, but I don't see the kits listed any longer on their website.

thanks in advance.
 
Unfortunately, (as you've found out) their kits seem to have dropped off the menu from WSS (which sold them right up until last year). No other suppliers have cropped up to fill the void...Lyman does still show the kit though on their site and you can contact them directly. They do sell direct.

Track of the Wolf, Sitting Fox, Pecatonia River, Dixie Gun Works all have great kit options. Shipping up from the States is a non-issue.
 
Lyman still lists the kit (I just edited my post to reflect), and they do sell direct. (Not certain Lyman ships direct internationally, may be worth contacting them)


Edit: track carries the GPR kits: h ttp://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/628/1


I built a GPR 23 years ago, I still shoot it regularly. It turned out well, hard to go wrong especially if it's a first build.

Good luck
 
Last edited:
Hope it helps you out

As I say, if you've never built a muzzleloader, these are a great intro. And you end up with a nice quality, good shooting rifle that will last a couple lifetimes if you do your part.

A word of warning though, building can become addictive. Then it becomes expensive. Good luck!
 
As long as it is a long gun, no paperwork is required. If it is a complete percussion, customs might request your PAL.

The last one I brought in, was a percussion (all separate parts, but including the barrel, lock, etc) this past November. All I had to do, was pay some duty ;(
 
Back
Top Bottom