Why is TC 32-20 prohib?

a j cave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
As this is not a 32 cal, rather a 30 (308) caliber it should not be. Do I have to have it restamped to 30-20 TC? Any varifiers want to say what I need to do. I know our laws are stupid but this is what I have to deal with, thanks AJC.
 
There are not many 32 calibre handguns that are 32 calibre. Even 32ACP is 30 calibre. The law was drafted by people that knew nothing about firearms, to address non existent problems and ban as many handguns as possible.
 
What gun are you talking about? Full name?

Thompson Center (probably Contender) revolver in .32-20 caliber. The 10" used a .308 barrel.

As per CSC above, the rules were created by retards during the 'get rid of any Saturday Night Special' phase of the gun bans.
This suggested to 'them' anything in .25 or .32 or less than 105mm barrel......
 
Thompson Center Contender single shot. As for bad guys and 25&32 revolvers, if I was ever shot at I would pick those " like less than lethal " cartridges. I need to phone a gunsmith friend to see how I make this a legal target pistol.
 
Thompson Center (probably Contender) revolver in .32-20 caliber. The 10" used a .308 barrel.

As per CSC above, the rules were created by retards during the 'get rid of any Saturday Night Special' phase of the gun bans.
This suggested to 'them' anything in .25 or .32 or less than 105mm barrel......

I don't think it is accurate to say the law was written by "retards" in this case. The intent of those who wrote the law was to remove as many handguns as possible and the law as written described 58% of all the handguns in Canada at that time. In part it slipped under the radar because Alan Rock said he was banning "Saturday night specials" because they were cheaply made and inaccurate. He never particularly said what was cheap and inaccurate.

32 caliber handguns are defined on the basis of the head stamp not the actual bullet diameter. You might check out the 30 Herrit and I think there are a few other wildcats based on a 30-30 shell

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom