Why no love for the 45-75 WCF

bellero

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Location
AB
I picked up a Uberti Winchester 1876 replica in 45-75 WCF two years ago and I haven't used it yet. I'd like to start reloading some 45-75 and work up some loads for it.

I never hear much about this interesting calibre here on CGN. Anybody uses and/or reload 45-75? Where do you get your brass?

Thanks
 
I've been using the 45-75WCF for long range the last couple years now and think it is awesome. Now that I have a tang sight, my accuracy has increased and my group sizes have decreased significantly.

I am loading a 350gr LRN with 26gr of 4759.

Originally I got my brass from Shooters Choice out in Ontario, but that Bertram stuff was overlly pricey. I bought more brass from Jamison in the US a while ago.

I agree with you that it is an interesting caliber. I'd take it hunting if the danged rifle wasn't so heavy to carry up the mountains.
 
Back
Top Bottom