Hey Guys,
I have quite a few searches left at the Cody museum that I don't know that I will be able to use up. Hate to see them wasted if I cannot. Maybe I can help someone out here. If anyone is interested in getting info on their old Winchester, Marlin, or L.C. Smith, I'll run your gun by Cody for you for like $10. Cody letters for non-members are $70, these are not quite as fancy, but still really nice to have to go with that special gun. Generally give when the serial number was applied to the gun, when it entered / left the warehouse, configuration of the gun, special orders, etc, etc. Kinda nice to have with that old rifle. They are now sending this info out in a new PDF form, which I would email to you. I have a copy I can show you first if interested. Anyone interested in researching the old gun, but don't want to dish out $70 for a Letter or more for a membership just to learn more about one or two of their guns, PM me. You can check out what serial number ranges info is available for here:
http://www.bbhc.org/explore/firearms/firearms-records/
Matt
I have quite a few searches left at the Cody museum that I don't know that I will be able to use up. Hate to see them wasted if I cannot. Maybe I can help someone out here. If anyone is interested in getting info on their old Winchester, Marlin, or L.C. Smith, I'll run your gun by Cody for you for like $10. Cody letters for non-members are $70, these are not quite as fancy, but still really nice to have to go with that special gun. Generally give when the serial number was applied to the gun, when it entered / left the warehouse, configuration of the gun, special orders, etc, etc. Kinda nice to have with that old rifle. They are now sending this info out in a new PDF form, which I would email to you. I have a copy I can show you first if interested. Anyone interested in researching the old gun, but don't want to dish out $70 for a Letter or more for a membership just to learn more about one or two of their guns, PM me. You can check out what serial number ranges info is available for here:
http://www.bbhc.org/explore/firearms/firearms-records/
Matt


















































