WINCHESTER 1866 at Epps

If you consider $17950 realistic and have the funds for that rifle then all the power to ya. :D

However doesn't a lever action rifle count as being fed from a fixed magazine, and thus not give it antique status? Something doesn't seem right.
 
I could not possibly afford such a gun, just wondered if that was a realistic price for that particular Winchester - I know they pay huge for them in the US, but here?
Antique status is due to the manufacture date I believe.
 
Usually guns of that caliber are usually sold privately amongst collectors or friends of. There is a reason they end up for consignment, you figure it out;) A lot of vintage not ALL are usually bubba'd in some form or another, parts swapped, bores corroded, screws f**ked, wood chipped or sanded etc, etc. You have better luck finding a virgin Newfoundland prom queen than a virgin old winchester:p
 
Usually guns of that caliber are usually sold privately amongst collectors or friends of. There is a reason they end up for consignment, you figure it out;) A lot of vintage not ALL are usually bubba'd in some form or another, parts swapped, bores corroded, screws f**ked, wood chipped or sanded etc, etc. You have better luck finding a virgin Newfoundland prom queen than a virgin old winchester:p

Good one and I'll have to remember it.:D:D That one brought tears to my eyes:p:p.
 
Usually guns of that caliber are usually sold privately amongst collectors or friends of. There is a reason they end up for consignment, you figure it out;) A lot of vintage not ALL are usually bubba'd in some form or another, parts swapped, bores corroded, screws f**ked, wood chipped or sanded etc, etc. You have better luck finding a virgin Newfoundland prom queen than a virgin old winchester:p

They do exist though the joy of searching is half the fun...for both virgins. :D
About 12 years ago at an Alberta Gun show I found a 99% 1873 Winchester...should have bought it...at the time the price was $1250.00. Never saw another like it since. At Bud Haynes auction a year later a collection of about 20 Model 1873 Deluxe and special order Winchesters came up for sale. Right out of the blue...I owned several of them at teh auction for about five minutes each.
Visited a family friend and he took us to see his gun room. Talk about drool...all he had were special order Marlins, most of them were engraved with silver or gold plating...and with factory letters. In a frigging basement of all things!!!
There is a factor comes into play here as well...at the Great Falls Montana gun show a number of years ago a fellow I knew had an 1886 Winchester musket on the rack...for sale. I asked if it was one of the Hawaiian Police Force guns and if he had documentation...he did and it was real. I put on the gloves and picked it up to examine...it was a 60% gun and all there and all correct. The price...$112,000 US dollars our exchange at the time was 1.30...so it worked out to $145,600.
Well there are dozens of similar stories I could relate...the moral of the story is that they do exist...probably even in Newfoundland.
 
Back
Top Bottom