Winchester 1873 - 1973 NWMP Centennial 30-30 - To Shoot or Not to Shoot?

fonestar

Regular
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Location
Whitehorse, YT
I have a chance to pick up an 1873 - 1973 Winchester NWMP Centennial Carbine at a very reasonable price.

The rifle has never been shot before. However, it is missing its box, there is some glue-like substance on the upper forearm and barrel (hopefully can be cleaned up). The stock has some small dings in it here and there.

I would probably want to shoot this rifle if I bought it. Would you shoot this rifle that was built while Led Zeppelin was still touring and Elvis Presley was alive and has remained unfired all those years?
 
Sounds to me like that rifle has already lost some of its collector value but ultimately the decision to shoot it is yours. I personally hold no affection for any of the Winchester commemoratives and if I ever owned one it would be shot, and I suspect lots. If you intend to "flip" it for a profit then best to leave it be.
 
Back
Top Bottom