Winchester 1892- 44 WCF

blacktailslayer

Regular
Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Location
Ladysmith, B.C.
I have a Winchester 1892 in .44 WCF I am thinking of selling. I have no idea what a fair price would be??? Any info is much appreciated. The bluing is gone for the most part, has the patina look to it, but not rusted. The stock has the usual hairline crack at the pistol grip, and the very tip of the hammer has snapped off at some point in it's long life. I think it was made in 1913 by the serial ##. Thanks for the help guys!!!

2302.jpg



5154.jpg
 
You don't mention the bore condition which is important but the wood is decent and looks unsanded which is good. Looks original from your pics. Any extra holes drilled in it? If the bore is good and it has not been modified from factory, I would say around $1000 in my area. Others may think different.
 
Hello BTS,

I will be glad to help you. I am a moderator on another website that deals in Winchester valuations and have answered over 11,000 such questions. Can you please post a detail photo of the barrel address, caliber stamp, upper tang stamp and what is the full serial number of the rifle. Your rifle does not have a pistol grip stock but rather a standard straight grip rifle butt stock. Round barrel sporting rifles, the type you have, are valued at about 10 to 15% less than an equivalent octagon barrel example. Is the elevator for the rear sight missing?

Glad to help
Michael
 
Back
Top Bottom