Winchester 1894 in .32-40 question??

Alfonso

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Location
Okanagan
I have recently been asked if I would be interested in 4 Winchester 1894's. The first one is an 1894 production in .32-40 winchester and they get a bit younger with the 3rd one having been sent to England for the Boer War. I believe it is in .32 winchester special. As I am more of a milsurp guy so I was hoping to get some advice and possible value and or offer prices for these? I know it depends on condition but he has stated that they are in excellent condition? I will be looking at them this week.

Thanks
 
The first thing you have to do is get good pictures, then there is lots of guys that will give you an idea of value. The reason being: what you have said means absolutely nothing. without pics--- are they carbines, rifles, round or octagon half mag , shotgun butt, deluxe and what calibers for sure and serial numbers tell the production date. etc. and pics can show the condition . I think you should be interested , even if you are more interested in other guns they will be great trading stock. I would be very interested in the 32-40 if it is in fact a first year 94.
 
The first thing you have to do is get good pictures, then there is lots of guys that will give you an idea of value. The reason being: what you have said means absolutely nothing. without pics--- are they carbines, rifles, round or octagon half mag , shotgun butt, deluxe and what calibers for sure and serial numbers tell the production date. etc. and pics can show the condition . I think you should be interested , even if you are more interested in other guns they will be great trading stock. I would be very interested in the 32-40 if it is in fact a first year 94.

I will do my best to take pictures and post them with data this week.
 
Quote "3rd one having been sent to England for the Boer War. I believe it is in .32 winchester special"

I don't believe that the 1894 in .32spl would have been sent to England for the Boer War. Winchester chambered the 1894 in 1902 in .32spl. The second conflict with the Boers ended in 1902. A number of 1894 SRCs were sent to England for military use but all were in .30-30 and it was during the Great War time frame.
I have seen the Model 1866 SRCs that were used by the OFS (Orange Free State) during the first Boer War Conflict 1880 to 1881. Mike you will be interested to know one of these 66 carbines resides in NB. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom