Winchester Model 1895 .303 --- Questions

ddewrocks

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking for any information on an average condition model 1895 .303. Got it for a cheap price, wondering how good of a deal i got it for. Thanks, might considering selling the rifle too.
 
The one I had was bit over 100 years old. Functioned 100% perfect never ever had any issues unless I short stroked the action.

Pretty decent accuracy out to 150-170 yards could hit empty beer bottles no problem.

Didn't really have any bluing left on the gun but I paid under $600 I think.
 
I have read once the .303's where made for the Canadian market, not been able to completely confirm. It depends on quality these can go from around $500 to over a $1,000's, sights, condition etc count. Not a lot 1895's made, 300,000 (70%) of production went to Russia, the remaining were made in many different calibers. When you see these at Gun shows the price can be shocking.
 
Thanks a lot, maybe a few pictures would help. Its a very interesting gun, and would actually like to sell, any suggestions on how to go about doing that?
 
Shooters Choice in Waterloo has one right now for just under $2,500. I took a look at it yesterday. It appears to be in original condition and has most of the blueing still on it except for small blemishes in the finish, mostly on the barrel.
 
what exactly is a grey gun?

Lack of bluing, since blued guns look black, bare/worn guns are grey.

Here is my old 1895.

IMG_0058.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom