Winchester Tang sight question

tokguy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Location
Buffalo Republic
I just installed a lyman Tang on my new ( to me anyhow) 1894 26" bbl 38-55
The original sight was butter knife thin so I replaced it with a newer faux ivory marked front blade.
Is this my best plan or is there a better front sight choice I should be striving for?
 
Take it out to the range and give it a try and see how you like it...

I put a Lyman tang on '94 32 spl and found the brass bead covered too much of the target at 100 yds and beyond, so I put on one that sounds similar to what you replaced and I am quite happy with it...

On my 45 Colt 92, also with a Lyman tang sight which I use at a lot closer yardages... I filed down the front sight and built it back up with brazing and filed it true. I really like the high visibility of the brass and being relatively thick it comes on target quick as long as the distances are reasonable...

Depending on what type of shooting you plan on doing a interchangeable insert globe front sight might be an option too....
 
Back
Top Bottom