WW Super-X .22 LR

Tumbleweed

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Location
Alberta
I've been having a 'Rimfire Revival' this spring thanks to a torn up rotator cuff, and starting looking around for ammo. I still have one case and a few bricks of WW Super-X hollow points in the gun room, and realised I don't see any on store shelves. Is this stuff no longer produced?

I tried a box of it against a box of WW Power Points - the Super-X seems to group almost an inch higher at 25 m., but I think the Power Points are shooting marginally better groups. (I tried two 10-22s and one Anschutz, and they all showed about the same traits).

I see Power Points for about $7+ a hundred - Wow! This stuff has sure gone up since I used to buy it. I remember when it was piled waist high on the floor of the local Home Hardware for $150 a case.
 
Last edited:
If you find any of the Power Points (code is XLRPP on the box) lemme know... I bought 7 bricks a few years back, and I'm all out. My 10/22 LOVED the stuff, and the super deep hollow point really ripped up gophers good.

The super X stuff is the same in my gun as yours - not so good.
 
T Weed

P&D in Edmonton has a good supply of Win 22 ammo, but it isn't cheap like it was a few years ago, they have PP and they may have the one you are looking for.
My go to 22 ammo is Federal American Eagle 38gr. Around $225.00 for a case of 4000.
Acceptable accuracy in my many rimfire rifles, love the Win but its too darn expensive. FS
 
I managed to score 1300 rounds of WW/PP this morning at a Walmart, which was all they had. I wonder if other Walmarts keep it in stock? This stuff was marked XLRPP1 and it's in 100 rd. red plastic boxes, and it was $7 a box.

About the American Eagle stuff - yes indeed! The hollow points in particular have always given me good groups, and seem to function well in everything I've tried them in.
 
I managed to score 1300 rounds of WW/PP this morning at a Walmart, which was all they had. I wonder if other Walmarts keep it in stock? This stuff was marked XLRPP1 and it's in 100 rd. red plastic boxes, and it was $7 a box.

I think most wally worlds that have ammo have the 100 rd. in the red plastic box, I also have bought them at Canadian Tire as well
Slayer
 
Bought a case and a half of em this morning at the local co-op. They had them on sale for $14.97 so I took every brick they had.
 
T Weed

P&D in Edmonton has a good supply of Win 22 ammo, but it isn't cheap like it was a few years ago, they have PP and they may have the one you are looking for.
My go to 22 ammo is Federal American Eagle 38gr. Around $225.00 for a case of 4000.
Acceptable accuracy in my many rimfire rifles, love the Win but its too darn expensive. FS

hi, just saw it at wolverine last week for $169/4000
 
havent seen it on the shelves but i don't really go further than my local CT or Wal-MArt for Rimfire ammo....
 
Back
Top Bottom