You people do anything with your 7.62x39 wooden crates?

targettarget

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Location
Calgary
I've got some 7.62 x 39 wooden crates that I want to find a use for. It would be such a waste to throw good wood like that from the Homeland away, I've got to get creative here and use them for something.

You guys toss 'em? Burn 'em? Use 'em for something?
 
They are good strong crates, They are useful for all sorts of things. Beleive it or not, they are good for storing ammo:p, so after my first one is empty, it will probably find a place at my reloading bench. As for the second, who knows, a tool box or maybe a lock box. Or it might also find a spot on the reloading bench.
 
I give them to shooting buddies. Got a few saved up for end/coffee tables in the range clubhouse. Just need to find some suitable glass or lexan for the tops, now.
 
Think IKEA modular coffee table Swedish design.

Only mine is modular, five deep, olive drab, and is my coffee table in my living room. Get lots of questions like where did you get the neat old school table. "Gun store, $180 per section", mouths drop when the realize my coffee table also holds 5600rds of rifle ammo.

For everyone that has been freaked out, they all want one of the boxes when I am done with it.....they think its a neat part of history and just a cool box.

Its the most solid coffee table I've even owned, nobody has yet to knock it over. :D
 
Think IKEA modular coffee table Swedish design.

Only mine is modular, five deep, olive drab, and is my coffee table in my living room. Get lots of questions like where did you get the neat old school table. "Gun store, $180 per section", mouths drop when the realize my coffee table also holds 5600rds of rifle ammo.

For everyone that has been freaked out, they all want one of the boxes when I am done with it.....they think its a neat part of history and just a cool box.

Its the most solid coffee table I've even owned, nobody has yet to knock it over. :D

Do you have a top on it?
 
Think IKEA modular coffee table Swedish design.

Only mine is modular, five deep, olive drab, and is my coffee table in my living room. Get lots of questions like where did you get the neat old school table. "Gun store, $180 per section", mouths drop when the realize my coffee table also holds 5600rds of rifle ammo.

For everyone that has been freaked out, they all want one of the boxes when I am done with it.....they think its a neat part of history and just a cool box.

Its the most solid coffee table I've even owned, nobody has yet to knock it over. :D

Picture.
 
You could make a computer out of it.

It would take come effort and patience but it would look oober cool. Just take out all the parts from a computer tower and mount them in the crate. You'll have to cut a hole for the disk drive and then glue that on the front of the plastic disc drive to make it disappear but its possible.

My friend did it with one of those Molson Bubba Kegs when they first came out. Coolest thing I've ever seen.

How about a deck chair if you had enough... or maybe one of these ideas?

Decorative box
f_01.jpg


gift box
giftbox.jpg


tv stand
tv.jpg
 
I liked that one as well. It would look great on the dresser for watches, chains, cuff links... all that stuff that's currently loose and likes to fall on the floor when I stub my toe in the middle of the night.
 
Back
Top Bottom