Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10202223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: First and last dealing with Marstar!

For My 2 cents worth, ranting about stuff being slow in the rifle hobby, when you count the delay in weeks, will not bring a lot of sympathy.. In fact, sympathy here is really hard to get.

CGN frequent flyer Wired leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgivor2 View Post
    You guys gota be patient this stuff takes time to process and ship out then for new customers credit cards need to be verified and or pal info it takes time and some of it is out of there hands . End ofthe day Marstar is a buisness all my dealings were great if i had a problem a email or phonecall fixed it up. If a order was bad they were the first to offer to fix it and take care of me . Its not like shoping at walmart for new shoes. Especialy over the net .

There people try talking to them if somthins wrong guys. Ranting does nothin .

My2cents
    It's out of their hands??? Sorry, but your notion about it taking time to process and credit card verification doesn't fly with me. I place credit card orders online all the time and if the item is in stock then it's on it's way within a day or two...tops!
    Nothing needs to be verified...if the card number is not rejected, you move on to step 2. If others can do it, so can Marstar. If it's in stock it should not take a week or two to get out the door.
    This is the reason everyone is starting to shop online.....it's easy peasy. Much less aggravation than a trip to Wally world.

just my 2 cents....

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired leader View Post
    It's out of their hands??? Sorry, but your notion about it taking time to process and credit card verification doesn't fly with me. I place credit card orders online all the time and if the item is in stock then it's on it's way within a day or two...tops!
    Nothing needs to be verified...if the card number is not rejected, you move on to step 2. If others can do it, so can Marstar. If it's in stock it should not take a week or two to get out the door.
    This is the reason everyone is starting to shop online.....it's easy peasy. Much less aggravation than a trip to Wally world.

just my 2 cents....
    ANOTHER expert, you offer opinions, how about solutions ? Practival solutions ??
    John

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    That is exactly why he won't get anymore business from me. I'd rather pay someone else more and get treated with respect.
    My replies reflect the courtesy and respect extended to us, ask a logical question in a polite manner you will get a reply in kind....
    You have a logical suggestion ? I will listen and evaluate, you offer uninformed conclusions with no suggestions, well what would you do ??
    John

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Many years ago i got in a pi@*ing match with John and he sent me a personal email, gave me what for, i said what i had to say and we moved on, done lots of business since and if there is a problem he has handled it immediately and never thrown our previous problems back in my face. He is a tough tell it the way he sees it type, some people dont like that.

Bruce
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Wired leader View Post

just my 2 cents....
    Well after being in retail hobby buisness after 40 years i understand the process of this stuff more than most . Trust me its not a picnic. With the all the hoops and regulations a buisness of this type needs to jump through be happy they still exist to serv you at there expence! A little patience goes a long way in life.

One thing move on to step 2 but a week later you find out it's the guys wifes or other non autherized creditcard and the transaction gets reversed now the seller is out the sale . Thats the problem with on line sales . It takes time to process this stuff . It all takes manpower. Then you do 150-250 transactions a day gues what its time to go home before your done. Lol just sayin it takes alotbto process online sales.
    Last edited by mcgivor2; 01-25-2014 at 11:29 AM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I will repeat in case you are not aware of Marstar policy regarding deposits, Marstar has never taken,is not taking, will not take deposits from customers for goods that are not in stock....

Unlike some dealers who take deposits on goods and hold on to your money ($$) for months, sometimes years, Marstar does not consider it fair to use the customers money to buy material.... We don't think it is ethical...

We are certainly not "afraid of a paper trail" don't imply, say what you mean.... Give me the details of what we refused to order for you ? Lets have the whole story ....

For aa ONE LUNG WONDER you certainly are long winded.... Give me all the details, since you posted here everyone is entitled to the whole story....
    John
    Brevity is the soul of wit, eh John? Fair enough.

So it takes you a year or more to bring in a plain Jane chit house Pedersoli BPCR gun? How do you bring them in? By donkey train and steamships from Italy? You better sit down, big fella - but your competition is doing in 3~4 weeks, they DO take deposits and they DO order confirmations.

Look fellas - I have to apologize especially to the mods here - I know you guys can't take sides in pi$$ing matches especially when your sponsors are involved...but the way this guy treats people is shameful. When I deal with your other suppliers, if they drop the ball they step up, 'fess up and make it right. Most of them are smart enough to do it right the first time. We all want the same thing. But around here, at my rod and gun club - this guy's name is mud. I don't like trash talking people but something needed to be said here.

I've said my say, John, and regardless, you will not be getting any business or a good referral out of me. We'll just leave it at that.

CGN frequent flyer Wired leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    ANOTHER expert, you offer opinions, how about solutions ? Practival solutions ??
    John
    I don't claim anything in my post. I just do not see why others are able to process the same sort of transactions in a fraction of the time.
    Perhaps rather than your usual response, you could offer some reasons as to why it takes so much longer with Marstar.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgivor2 View Post
    Well after being in retail hobby buisness after 40 years i understand the process of this stuff more than most . Trust me its not a picnic. With the all the hoops and regulations a buisness of this type needs to jump through be happy they still exist to serv you at there expence! A little patience goes a long way in life.
    What gave you the impression that I was impatient? As a retail business owner, did it take you a week or two to get an in-stock item out the door?. Again, others seem to be able to do it in less time.
    ..and so you're saying everyone that has to wait weeks to get their purchase from Marstar should just shut up and be happy?

Not trying to highjack this thread!!!

Its not just on-line purchases/Marstar or other dealers- in store purchases can be slow as well, I purchased a restricted I knew it would take a week to tens days no big deal right. called the dealer 7 days later and still not transferred. No problem! But wait I had the transfer from the CFO LOL. So I called a few days later they said still NOT transferred. I laughed and said I had the paperwork in my hand and had had it for some time. They apologized and I picked up my purchase.

The problem may be the process the vendor uses to get stuff out the door, a lot of company's don't have a simple process in place and it can be done easily and with no cost to the dealer.

Just a suggestion to John take one or two on line orders you receive and follow it through your company (find the root cause) you will be surprised how simple things can hang an order up and can be easily fixed.

Draw up a order process chart or paper and make sure all staff are aware of it.

You will be surprised how things will speed up!

Super Moderator
    This is a Business Member's Forum.
    Business members pay for their forums, use them for business purposes. This also enables other members to post for free.
    Please review the terms for posting in business members' forums in the Forum Rules and Terms up top.
    Normally business members moderate their forums, and can control what is posted in their forums. Only rarely do moderators intervene.
    This business has neither edited or deleted any posts in this thread, nor has the business made any formal complaints about any of the posts.
    This business would have been justified in doing both. This says a lot about the business.