Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Norinco NS522 Has opened my eyes!

CGN Regular
    Wow,very nice grouping for a stock 200$ rifle!

What is the scope you have on this and the eight of the rings?

I need to order some rings to mount a burris fullfield II 3-9x40 as low as possible, but I highly doubt low rings would fit as the bolt handle will interfere with the scope. Will medium be high enough to give the clearance, or I'll have to buy high mounts?

Is it regular 3/8 dovetail ring?

CGN Regular
    i took the Falcon 10x42 scope off my m14 and put it on the NS522, i had a hell of a time trying to find rings since its a 30mm tube, and 30mm tube dovetail rings aren't very common apparently...

The rings are made by UTG, model number RQ2D3154, medium height. would have preferred to find a set in low height, but these were the best i could find on short notice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    At this price with an entry level scope, a knockoff chinese bipod, they make an inexpensive accurate rig to give to the kids, a 22 LR is a perfect learning tool and a pleasure to use cheaply for the youngsters... JP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    At this price with an entry level scope, a knockoff chinese bipod, they make an inexpensive accurate rig to give to the kids, a 22 LR is a perfect learning tool and a pleasure to use cheaply for the youngsters... JP
    Oh yes, my 3 are supposed to arrive today, I want to get a baseline with just cleaning first, and then stoning deburring as father suggested to eliminate any scratching/wearing and as I go with the rest, each step I want to knock off a couple targets with different brands of ammo to see the improvement if any!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRK View Post
    well mine definitely hits!

first day out with this rifle, its completely stock, not even pillar bedded or free floated yet, did some accuracy testing at 25m after sighting in.

5 shot groups, RWS Rifle Match .22 40gr ammo.

and a 50m grouping, same RWS ammo, was pouring rain that day, and i rushed the last 2 shots a little causing the 2 fliers...

overall to say that im impressed with this rifle would be a huge understatement.

I can't wait to see how it shoots after free floating and pillar bedding!

also trying to find a cheap bulk ammo that the gun likes, so i can stop feeding it RWS.

CCI blazer is doing pretty good right now!
    Impressive!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Great video...Makes me want to try it out as well!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaktuo View Post
    Great video...Makes me want to try it out as well!
    Well as we all know, most deals with Canam have a time or quantity limit, not sure how many of these he has but if you want some, then now is the time! What is it they say, 1 is none, and 2 is 1, etc.

One ready, 3 more to prepare... This one got a German post 4A 3.5X Vosm... These 22LR will permit to clean up those scopes from my inventory, i really had no use for, i know some kids that will be happy owning their first target rifle, so to speak... JP.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    BKL makes some nice rimfire offset mounts JP, not sure if the bolt will clear though?
    Your grandkids are going to be stoked!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    BKL makes some nice rimfire offset mounts JP, not sure if the bolt will clear though?
    Your grandkids are going to be stoked!
    Thanks for the suggestion, for the bolt, it's all fine, got to shoot 4 mags (20 rounds) with the set up and it is flawless, when all 4 rifles will have a scope mounted, i will zero them at 80 yards at the farm on my famous benchrest ( picknik table) with my Ivaco railsway backstop... JP.