Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Will The Modern Hunter be my new rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    You won't regret it....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    I've been to the shop and handled the MH a lot, and I made the YouTube video.
    Sadly I haven't gotten to shoot it... yet.
    I shot her today! Thanks Rick.

Hats off to you sir!! Only if my wife had a job!! Lol
    Of course you'll love it, one of the first! You'll get nothing but support!

And how did it shoot?

Do it! My wifey was oogling a BLack rain, but I hae sold her on the MH. Once I have the funds together that's the next toy for her.
    Sig Sauer P226

Quote Originally Posted by struik View Post
    Holay f_ck guys grow up. If you dont like it dont comment if ya like it then post away keep your opinions to your self. Ps have held and looked at them at their shop, they are a thing of beauty and i ordered one. Also for dog hunting there is nothing better than a semi auto for when you have 3-7 song dogs come it that have been screwing with cattle! And yes i have had 7 come in lol
    Right. So, Shorty asks for an honest opinion about this rifle as a hunting firearm. You are saying that I should, by all means give him my honest opinion as long as I agree that it is a great rifle for hunting, but I should keep my mouth shut if I happen to disagree? How exactly does this constitute and "honest" answer in your opinion?

I never said it was a crappy gun. It looks fine and I am sure it is well made. I hope they sell heaps of them. Heck, I might even buy one. Would I ever hunt big game with this rifle?-No for the reasons I have stated in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by orthoboy View Post
    That, and many other great reasons....
    Such as?

Quote Originally Posted by orthoboy View Post
    if semi-automatic is wrong then so is rifle. Maybe go back to the bow and arrow? Or throwing insults?
    I gave Shorty my honest, polite opinion. Not sure how I would have insulted anyone. Like I said, if you don't like my opinion, you can ignore it.

I also never said that semi-auto was "wrong". I have several semi-autos. I don't hunt with them, but that does not mean that I don't like them.
    Is a 10 round semi auto AR the gun I would use or recommend to someone for big game hunting? NO, it is not.

I have two very accurate bolt actions for hunting. The last thing I would consider for a Modern Hunting Rifle is something with a stubby barrel and a semi auto action. Sold my last 1022 cuz it sprayed. My bolts are tack drivers. Then again $4k would pay for both 30cals and the Leupold VXIII on each one. I am also concerned that almost all of the AR series are restricted regardless of the length of barrel. If I bought one for a SHTF scenario the guvamint would likely come looking for it anyways. My wife and I discussed an AR pattern as a defender but I am having trouble justifying it for either use. Short barrel shotgun and a pistol are looking better for home defense too. I guess you have to love the look of the black or green guns. Then again there may be more here than I am aware of .....
    The older I get the more I find that common sense is not so common after all. (Mark Twain)
    Member Mission Rod and Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
    To me, the concept of using a gun like this for hunting is rather repulsive.
    I respect the game I hunt, I don't view it like an enemy, and hunting to me is a completely different thing than shooting up Taliban a$$holes.
    To use a weapon like this to shoot a deer or a moose would be a disrespectful way to hunt (in my opinion).
    Having a 10 round clip in a big game gun is rather ridiculous to me...if you need that many rounds to hit the animal, you should not be out there hunting in the first place.
    If you don't need that many rounds, then why lug it around with you in the woods all day?
    So, I would not pick a gun like this for hunting.
    Lots of folks out there will disagree with me, and that is fine.
    They have their opinion, I have mine.
    If you don't have a problem going hunting with an AR, then go for it.
    I would enjoy a gun like this on the range, and that is about it.
    For home defense, I use my 12 gauge. If you have a big property and are genuinely worried about zombies invading your place, then this gun might also suit you for that purpose...
    I hope we don't follow the Americans down this path where every other deer/moose/bear gun in the woods is an AR...I think it will be rather sad if that happens. The traditional hunting rifles with their fine wood and metalwork were designed that way for a reason-respect for the game you hunt and respect for the tools you use in doing so.
    This is kind of similar to George Carlin's joke (to paraphrase) those who drive slower than me are morons and those who drive faster than me are maniacs. To base the "respectability" of the rifle for hunting on it's magazine size is subjective, to say the least
    it seemed like a good idea at the time