Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Serbu 50BMG SEMI-AUTO taking orders.....

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    The solution is that when you spend $7000.00 on an effing firearm there shouldn't be any issues that need a bunch of owners to figure out, or the added expense. There should be support coming out of the woodwork in a timely manner from both the manufacturer and the vendor, not really the case with these Serbus. At this point I don't recommend to anyone dropping this kind of money on this single shot semi auto. Unless something monumental happens soon I would suggest you save your hard earned cash and buy a Steyer instead.
    Do you own a Steyr 50 BMG?

CGN frequent flyer
    I did, and now I miss it. Is there a point to your question?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms Corp View Post
    Like the thighmaster with three easy payments? We might be able to do something.......email us at deadzombies.ca if you are serious.....
    Do you guys sell the ammo too? I cant imagine its easy to find.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    The solution is that when you spend $7000.00 on an effing firearm there shouldn't be any issues that need a bunch of owners to figure out, or the added expense. There should be support coming out of the woodwork in a timely manner from both the manufacturer and the vendor, not really the case with these Serbus. At this point I don't recommend to anyone dropping this kind of money on this single shot semi auto. Unless something monumental happens soon I would suggest you save your hard earned cash and buy a Steyer instead.
    The problem is lightly loaded ammo, which happens to be pretty much all we can get unless you reload.

The solution is to chamfer the gas port inside the gas block to allow more gas to get through, to allow the cycling of our lower powered ammo.

Pretty darn simple really. The gun has no problems with standard ammo in the US, so I don't really understand why you would advocate what you are saying... the two guns are apples to oranges really.

It cost literally under $200 to have the gunsmithing done, and under two days, which is nothing compared to the investment of the gun, optics, and ammo, especially when the final result is a perfectly cycling semi auto .50BMG.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN frequent flyer
    The problem is lightly loaded ammo, which happens to be pretty much all we can get unless you reload.

The solution is to chamfer the gas port inside the gas block to allow more gas to get through, to allow the cycling of our lower powered ammo.

Pretty darn simple really. The gun has no problems with standard ammo in the US, so I don't really understand why you would advocate what you are saying... the two guns are apples to oranges really.

It cost literally under $200 to have the gunsmithing done, and under two days, which is nothing compared to the investment of the gun, optics, and ammo, especially when the final result is a perfectly cycling semi auto .50BMG.
    I put military ball through it that cycles my M2 HB with no problem and it still short stroked. I don't believe it is an ammo issue. I was emailed by the manufacturer (I had given up trying to reach them by phone) that it was a bad batch of recoil springs and that a new one would be sent out to me when they got them. Supposedly new ones arrived 3 ago that was my last correspondence with them, I have heard nothing from these people since.

As for the reason behind my rant, I can understand going through something like this if for instance I had purchased a Norinco product, not bad mouthing them just saying for the money you pay you wouldn't be surprised or put out by something like this, but when you dole out large sums of money for an American made product like this Serbu you would expect a little more, either in the way of quality or service. If you bought a brand new Ferrari that always stalled would you whip out your tools and try to figure out what is wrong with it or would you go straight back to the dealership and have it fixed.

I did, and now I miss it. Is there a point to your question?
    Yep. Since I am in the market for a 50 BMG rifle the comments of owners of such rifles are of interest to me. So, which Steyr model did you own?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    I put military ball through it that cycles my M2 HB with no problem and it still short stroked. I don't believe it is an ammo issue. I was emailed by the manufacturer (I had given up trying to reach them by phone) that it was a bad batch of recoil springs and that a new one would be sent out to me when they got them. Supposedly new ones arrived 3 ago that was my last correspondence with them, I have heard nothing from these people since.

As for the reason behind my rant, I can understand going through something like this if for instance I had purchased a Norinco product, not bad mouthing them just saying for the money you pay you wouldn't be surprised or put out by something like this, but when you dole out large sums of money for an American made product like this Serbu you would expect a little more, either in the way of quality or service. If you bought a brand new Ferrari that always stalled would you whip out your tools and try to figure out what is wrong with it or would you go straight back to the dealership and have it fixed.
    So maybe you should sell it to me

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    Do you guys sell the ammo too? I cant imagine its easy to find.
    Wolverine has PMC in stock NAND has for quite some time. Even available in bulk 200 case. I have yet to see Dlask, Dead Zombies or Ice stock 50 BMG ammo yet so I feel safe posting this in there forum.

CGN frequent flyer
    Yep. Since I am in the market for a 50 BMG rifle the comments of owners of such rifles are of interest to me. So, which Steyr model did you own?
    Had an early HS 50. I would definitely lean towards the HS 50 M1 as my next purchase. It has the same rate of fire as an out of the box Serbu.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Had an early HS 50. I would definitely lean towards the HS 50 M1 as my next purchase. It has the same rate of fire as an out of the box Serbu.
    Lol.

My preference would actually be the original HS50 over the M1. Something about that side mounted magazine just ruins the lines of the rifle for me.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?