Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Firearm Ban in Australia - People from USA should see this video

CGN Regular
    Should sent this to the CBC - it would be ignored likely but its proof in at least one part of the world that gun bans only help criminals.

Hahahahaha....
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    CCFR / CSSA

Pretty sad when criminals are lawfully given the upper hand. I'm sure it's been said here, but I'm willing to bet a better licensing program wouldnt hurt in America, that said it just keeps guns out of hands of a small demograph of people.
    smoke them. if ya got 'em

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherCanuck View Post
    Banning semis is silly but I'll stand up and say the USA could use some better licencing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    Agreed, i personally think the USA could learn a thing or two from our gun laws, in that education, training, and practical demonstration of knowledge and competence should be a requirement to own a firearm, as a minimum...of course the mental health and violence/criminal history checks are a no brainer. In many states, it's perfectly legal to sell a handgun to another person in grocery store parking lot with no paperwork, no identification and no background check. That is what's wrong with their system.

Canada's problem is what the USA did right, banning guns based on appearance, or functionality...i can understand why select fire military rifles are prohibited, but so what if a gun can be converted to full auto easily...if it's illegal to do so, law abiding legal gun owners won't do it...and why so many restrictions on handguns? sure, make restricted firearms registration manditory, but cut out the transportation bull####...
    I'll chalk this up to both of you guys being relatively new around here and like most good Canadians completely brainwashed about guns but.....

Do you know there are serious studies on both sides of the border (real, peer reviewed research, not Brady Campaign lies and distortions) that show that no gun laws including licensing, registration, background checks, bans on "dangerous" models etc, have had any appreciable affect on firearms murder rates? Please educate yourself on research by Dr Gary Mauser and Dr Caillan Langman here in Canada and Gary Kleck and Dr John Lott in the US.

If murders by African Americans (13% of the population, 50% of the murders) are removed from the equation the murder rate in the US is very close to that in Canada despite the US having far more firearms and far more liberal laws (please note, I don't say this as a racist remark, I feel it is a byproduct of socioeconomic conditions, not race). In fact without allowing for racial demographics there are many US states that have significantly lower murder rates than a number of Canadian provinces despite having next to no restrictions on firearms including a number that allow CCW without permits.

I know that much of this is counter intuitive and hard to absorb for many people but it is the truth.

About the only firearms restriction I could support would be a registry of those not allowed to own them. Any one on this list caught with or attempting to acquire a firearm should face extreme punishment.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

I just read an article on this after watching that video and it absolutely disgusts me.

"The following are some basic Australian regulations:

To own a firearm, you are required to have a license (an application for such will usually take at least three month for all processes to occur, e.g. criminal checks, safety courses, etc.).
    All firearms are to be registered with police.
    Self-defense is not a valid reason but a prohibited reason. (While you may own a long-arm for various reasons, there is only one reason permitted for a handgun license, and that is competition target shooting.)
    Every firearm holder must be a financial member of a registered gun club at all times. (More than this, it must be an association approved by the commissioner, who may at any time dismiss the association, leaving all members of that organization in breach of the law.)
    Every time you wish to purchase a firearm, you must apply to the police for a permit to purchase that particular gun, which may be denied at their discretion without any reason provided.
    Every firearm must be stored in a safe that is “secured to structure,” and the installation of the safe must be viewed and approved by police before use (with strict rules down to the number of bolts outlined in the Police Registry Guide irrespective of the weight of the safe).
    Transportation of firearms may only occur between storage location and gunsmith, or storage location and shooting location. (Any breach will result in instant confiscation and arrest.)

In addition to these, the Australian gun owner is subjected to the following realities in 2013, courtesy of ongoing regulations:

Mandatory attendance requirements for those who own handguns include a minimum of six target shooting visits to the pistol club per year for the first firearm and two additional visits per additional handgun, where competition scores from “approved matches” must be recorded each time.
    Mandatory attendance requirements for those who own rifles or long-arms include either a minimum of four visits to the rifle-range per year (if target shooting is declared as the reason on the license) or a minimum of two visits to the rifle range per year (if hunting is declared).
    Pistol clubs and rifle ranges are legally required to inform police if a member has not met the required competition shoots, and they are not permitted to admit a member if the member hasn’t met these requirements.
    Firearms collectors must belong to an approved collectors club and attend at least two meetings a year.
    If a citizen has firearms on his property, the police have a right to search the property without a warrant any time they wish. They’re not legally required to advise the citizen of a visit in advance. (In the last 18 months, one general constable as well as a firearms licensing officer in full combat gear attends.)
    In the event that any party involved in a personal complaint owns firearms (whether the complaint was instigated on his behalf or otherwise), prior to investigation, the police confiscate the firearms for an indefinite period of time.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/catastrop...eigMBLsBGJy.99
    "
    All these so called democracies are just forms of modern tyranny. One has to wonder when the bubble is finally gonna burst and the people retake there rights one way or another.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chadeech's Avatar
    Our very possible future join NRA support the fight
    Disarming the victims is not gun control
    Veritas Aequitas

I have to admit that I shed a tear when those guns met their fate... Still shaking my head!

CGN Regular
    i am shaking too...

Thanx for the video. I'll try to educate family and friends with it. Hopefully this will turn viral among them.

poor guns

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast