Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Arrivals: Mosin Nagant M38 Carbines, M91/30 Rifles and a Special TEC 5 Pack !!!

BANNED
    Way to cold for the range. lol.

Guys, could you help me out, I'm a newbie so don't make fun of me to much. I just ordererd the 5 pack deal from TEC and it comes with the Brno VZ 24 Mauser Bolt Action in 8mm mauser. I have personally never shot one or purchased ammunition for one. Could I get your expert opinions on what calibre, manufacturer, corrosive or non-corrosive and type of ammo to buy for this rifle. Thanks in advance!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mkrnel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceedubya View Post
    Guys, could you help me out, I'm a newbie so don't make fun of me to much. I just ordererd the 5 pack deal from TEC and it comes with the Brno VZ 24 Mauser Bolt Action in 8mm mauser. I have personally never shot one or purchased ammunition for one. Could I get your expert opinions on what calibre, manufacturer, corrosive or non-corrosive and type of ammo to buy for this rifle. Thanks in advance!

Trade-Ex normally has 8mm (8x57js) ammo in stock for this rifle, both Sellier & Bellot and Prvi Partizan 8mm Mauser Ammunition and both makes in FMJ and sporting soft point for hunting. At the moment they are out of stock on both but should get some more in soon.

Most dealers stock this ammo as well as Winchester, Remington and Federal brand as well, so ammo is not really a concern. All these brands are non corrosive as well.

Ex-mil ammo is harder to find but shows up now and again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Man I wish I got in on this M38 deal
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalonthas View Post
    Man I wish I got in on this M38 deal
    Ditto ... despite me not being particularly fond of those fire belching, ear bleed'n shorty Mosin's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    broke down and ordered the 5 pack, good bye all my $$$$$$$

Any mauser people out there? Is there any tips or things I should know before I fire my Brno VZ 24 Mauser Bolt Action in 8mm for the first time? Also whats the difference between the 8mm Mauser and the 8x57js ammo, or is the same ammo, just different manufacturer?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ceedubya; 12-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.

]things I should know before I fire my Brno VZ 24 Mauser Bolt Action in 8mm for the first time?
    You should know that the rifle you have in your hands is one of the finest thingamajigs that ever was designed. Love it, respect it, shoot it.

Also yes, those two names designate the same cartridge.

Any mauser people out there? Is there any tips or things I should know before I fire my Brno VZ 24 Mauser Bolt Action in 8mm for the first time? Also whats the difference between the 8mm Mauser and the 8x57js ammo, or is the same ammo, just different manufacturer?
    Thanks in advance.
    Not much, clean the bore at least

I usually do a complete dissasembly just to be sure. There's is nothing very wrong hidden somewhere. (I do this with all milsurp)

Does that mean you take the trigger group assembly apart. I usually dont go that far, should I?