A few updated pics of my Swiss 1882 revolver and 1939 Swiss military holster

The Kurgan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
My Swiss 1882 Service revolver, 1939 issue holster with military acceptance stamps, and some of my perfected handloads.

"7.5x33R" handloads:

3.1 grains IMR Trail Boss, deep seated .314" H&N 100 grain LWC, full length 32-20 WCF Starline brass resized in a 30 Carbine die, bullet seated with a 30 Luger die -- approx. 841-866 fps (max load)

Note: this is once-fired brass. All remnants of the 32-20 WCP shoulder are gone. Starline brass 32-20 rims fit without modification. (Use at your own risk)

14058032854_7b0b5c5ce1_b.jpg

14054378601_b4a3a2886d_b.jpg

14054380881_4109df8417_b.jpg
 
There's an 1882 on the EE right now. Not sure if the price is good but it's been tempting.

They are beautiful revolvers.

I paid more for mine. They are very fine revolvers and extremely accurate. The one on EE is in very good condition with only some very superficial pitting and a mirror bore, and comes with a holster.

Update: I see "zipperhead" reposted photos. It's either his other (nicer) Swiss 1882, or he cleaned this one up. This one is in striking condition with impressive straw finishes. The Swiss military holsters are also hard to find and his appears unissued. $1400 is a very good price.
 
Last edited:
I paid more for mine. They are very fine revolvers and extremely accurate. The one on EE is in very good condition with only some very superficial pitting and a mirror bore, and comes with a holster.

Update: I see "zipperhead" reposted photos. It's either his other (nicer) Swiss 1882, or he cleaned this one up. This one is in striking condition with impressive straw finishes. The Swiss military holsters are also hard to find and his appears unissued. $1400 is a very good price.

I'll have to think about it then.
Main limitation is I'm not set up for reloading and I don't think you can buy commercial anymore unlike with a French 1892 or a Webley.
 
True about the ammo, not commercially available. But once setup, it's a joy to reload. You will end up wanting to reload other calibres when you discover the advantages of handloads over mass produced commercial fodder.
 
Back
Top Bottom