Help with Identification needed

sasktraveler

Member
GunNutz
Rating - 99.6%
252   1   1
Location
saskatchewan
Hi Guys
Just got this piece and am a bit lost as to what model it is. All I know for sure is that it takes the Brunswick bayonet.
Feedback would be appreciated
 

Attachments

  • DSC01455.jpg
    DSC01455.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC01458.jpg
    DSC01458.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC01459.jpg
    DSC01459.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 314
My 1st pattern Brunswick a modest Nepalese smooth bore. I haven't seen an English one with escutcheon plates, all I have seen have steel keys.
2wqv2nq.jpg
 
Here is a photo of one that I used to own. Foolishly traded it off because I could not get it to shoot accurately even with a patched belted ball. What was interesting was that the two grooves were not the same width; one was about .010" wider than the other as best I can recall

cheers mooncoon

Brunswick101_zps91d9bee6.jpg
 
I had one very similar to this. Two deep groove rifling with one turn in thirty inches. It takes a belted ball. Very accurate. Mine was marked to the British infantry at Fort Wellington in Prescott. I can tell you that, as long as it is not the Nepalese stuff, it is worth a few bucks. I sold mine to a shooter in England for just shy of $7,000.00. Original Bakers in good shape are worth much more. Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom