Ardent
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
About six feet, but given the bullet doesn't slow down meaningfully out to 50 plus yards, wouldn't have any effect. Shot placement is just a lot easier that close, so the long Schofield shot is mighty impressive.
Interesting scientific proposal, but a little tough to stack fenceposts and shoot through their centers in a line.
It's been fun, lets not do it again sometime.
Ive got a WG target that shoots 22 Hornet and a S&W DA long cylinder model with a 5 inch barrel that shoots 22 K hornet i am gona do some tests in the fall on accuracy and penatration.
Kinda neat haveing a fast varmint round in a Antique handgun. both of theses guns were pro set up by gunsmiths im in the process of getting 22 K hornet dies and what i need is some good 22 caliber lead bullets in the hornets weight.
I bet the 8 inch WG target model drives tight groups out to 50 yds.
I will be shooting reloads in both guns.
The WG target has a spare barrel and cylinder that shoots 455 Webley so its a duel caliber gun.
Fun stuff
I like long range handgun shooting.
This is interesting. I thought bottle necked cartridges don't work well in revolvers...
The 22 K hornet is a better cartridge than the 22 Hornet in a revolver, the trick is no head space when the case is at 12 oclock position. there should be very little room for it to move back when fired.
the WG target works great as its a big ass revolver.
The 22 K hornets are a more strait sided case (there just a fireformed 22 hornet case)
Im gona post pics of the guns and the targets and stuff in the fall right now im to busy boating and fishing.
Im waiting on my 22 K hornet dies to.
The original chambers are sleeved with soldered in chunks of liner or barrel, and then chambered I presume? I'd love to see the cylinder, always curious how it would turn out. I've often thought about this for a .22 CCM, it's essentially a centerfire .22 Magnum, had a Cooper M38 in the chambering and fell in love with it.



























