I have been shooting for over 45 years. I have owned alot of guns in that time. I have 22s , some nice shotguns,millsups , deer rifles , pistols , and most recently , one snider enfield which I enjoy shooting very much.
When ever I see a snider at a gun show , or in a shop, I check it out. I look it over very carefully ,inside and out. I always open it up and put a piece of kleenex or paper towel, or just white paper in the breech end to brighten it up and look down the muzzle to inspect the bore. Lets face it ... condition is always reflected in the price.
This doesn't seem to be the case with the sniders. The prices are all over the place, and in many cases, make no sense at all. This seems to truly be one area where you NEED to shop around and compare.
With prices varying from $250,up to $800 and higher , its nuts ! Often times the pretty ones are not the ones you want. At the last gun show I attended , the cheapest snider there, had the nicest bore, but the prettier ones with the refinished stocks drew more attention from the crowd.
These guns sure are alot of fun to shoot, and contrary to alot of articles I've read , they are quite accurate.
After making myself a new (removable) front sight, which does nothing to alter the original condition of the gun , but lowers the poi to where your aiming , I'm quite happy with it. It will shoot 2.5 inch groups off the bench at 50 yards consistently , even with my 58 year old eyes ! Is that a tack driver ? definitely not.
Is that adequate to stop a deer in it's tracks this fall in the hardwoods ? You betcha !
When ever I see a snider at a gun show , or in a shop, I check it out. I look it over very carefully ,inside and out. I always open it up and put a piece of kleenex or paper towel, or just white paper in the breech end to brighten it up and look down the muzzle to inspect the bore. Lets face it ... condition is always reflected in the price.
This doesn't seem to be the case with the sniders. The prices are all over the place, and in many cases, make no sense at all. This seems to truly be one area where you NEED to shop around and compare.
With prices varying from $250,up to $800 and higher , its nuts ! Often times the pretty ones are not the ones you want. At the last gun show I attended , the cheapest snider there, had the nicest bore, but the prettier ones with the refinished stocks drew more attention from the crowd.
These guns sure are alot of fun to shoot, and contrary to alot of articles I've read , they are quite accurate.
After making myself a new (removable) front sight, which does nothing to alter the original condition of the gun , but lowers the poi to where your aiming , I'm quite happy with it. It will shoot 2.5 inch groups off the bench at 50 yards consistently , even with my 58 year old eyes ! Is that a tack driver ? definitely not.
Is that adequate to stop a deer in it's tracks this fall in the hardwoods ? You betcha !
Last edited:


















































